Add a feature to download world configurations
Users would need to offer for download their world configuration, like plugins. They should be available on this site (for the time being), and CocoMUD should access it (a feature to search through these plugins might be useful). The tougher part, however, remains in merging configuration with the existing one. If the user already has this world in her setting, it remains to know what to keep, what to delete, what to update.
#2 Updated by Vincent Le Goff over 3 years ago
- Checklist item Create the project to store worlds added
- Checklist item Add the dialog box to list and detail worlds to download added
- Checklist item Add the download feature added
- Checklist item Add the custom installation and merge process added
- Subject changed from Add a feature tu download world configurations to Add a feature to download world configurations
- Status changed from Open to In Progress
- Assignee set to Vincent Le Goff
The worlds available to download will be stored in a separate project, worlds. Each world will have its own wiki page. Each wiki page will have attached the configuration to download.
A dialog box will be added in CocoMUD to see the available worlds to download, review their features, download this world and merge it with existing configuration.
#7 Updated by Vincent Le Goff over 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
Added and translated in commit d53bf25002b4b06d1398b5b8eecdd948ae2b271b.
The imported world can specify settings to ask the user. An interface is provided with the corresponding features (lists, edit fields or checkboxes). An install script is run afterward.
Please register to edit this issue